Develop Fluency in Thai
Lifetime Access / 10 Stages / Worksheets / 80+ Chapters / 70+ Hours of Audio & Video / Quizzes / Smart Flash Cards / Self Study Exercises / Teachers & Support
Learn Everyday Conversation & Thai Script
Suitable for both beginners and people who already understand some Thai, this is an ultimate package for truly comprehending Thai language. This is a fully supported course that GUARANTEES all your questions get answered in detail. Flexibility is at the core of our methods and the materials are easily adapted to meet your learning aims while ensuring you have a solid foundation to build new skills.
- Correct Pronunciation & Tones
- Every Day Vocabulary & Conversation
- Different Forms Of Thai Grammar
- Principles Of Thai Language
- Thai Culture And Customs
- Manners And Characteristics Of Thai People
- Thai Consonants & Vowels
- Reading & Writing System
- Reading & Writing Grammar
Structured worksheets are accompanied by Audio, Video, Quizzes, Self Study Exercises, Smart Flash Cards and many other tools to help you to practice what you learn both in classes and during self study.
Starting Skills : Who is it for?
Not just for beginners, the Speak Read & Write Thai course will help all learners to develop natural conversation skills on many different topics as well as learning Thai script and all the related grammar rules.
- Suitable for complete beginners
- Suitable for learners committed to developing fluency
- Suitable for learners who already speak some basic Thai and wish to develop further
Note : This is the course option recommended to learners who have a long term goal in developing fluency.
Free Trial Class!
After registration, arrange a FREE TRIAL class with your allocated teacher
A trial class is provided so you can meet your teacher, work out the logistics of your classes, and your teacher will introduce you to the materials.
- Meet your teacher
- Discuss class logistics
- Get off to the best start!
- Introduction to learning
Note : If after a trial class you feel your allocated teacher is not right for you, you can provide us with feedback and request a new teacher for another trial class (subject to availability).
Our system ensures you get off to the best start with the right teacher.
We suggest you pay for the teachers travel costs for the trial class. They provide up to one hour meet & greet, introduction for free, so covering travel costs is only fair.
There is no set duration
Every learner is different and there is no ‘one size fits all’ method to learn any language. Therefore, we have no set duration to learn our courses. Learn the Speak Read & Write Thai course for as long as you need at a pace to suit you.
- Only Pay For The Time You Learn
- Lifetime Access To Materials
- Change Teacher/Location Anytime
- Start / Stop / Start Anytime
- Lifetime Support
The average learner will complete the Speak Read & Write Thai Course in around 90-150 hours private tuition. This may be more or less depending on your starting skills, how you learn a language and how much you practice.
The Speak Read & Write Thai Course
6 Workbooks / 10 stages / 80+ chapters
Speak Thai Course
Learning the principles of Thai language is very important as it helps and leads to a good understanding of Thai and can be used as a reference for what you will learn in the future. 1. The principles of Thai language (1) 2. Transliteration & pronunciation guide 3. Symbols, lesson plans and learning guide Chapter 1: Greeting; formal greeting, informal greeting, traditional way of greeting Chapter 2: Meeting people; how to ask ‘What’s your name?, real/official name, nickname, and how to say nice to meet you Chapter 3: About yourself; Job/occupation, nationality, hometown, etc. Chapter 4: Addressing people; personal pronouns used in different situations Chapter 5 : Family Chapter 6 : Numbers Chapter 7 : Classifiers & Counting system Chapter 8 : Desire & Requesting Chapter 9 : Things – Singular / Plural (1) Chapter 10 : Things – Singular / Plural (2)
During the second stage, we aim to build up a lot of vocabulary, Thai grammar and emphasize on how to construct sentences. 1. The principles of Thai language (2) Chapter 11 : Apology & Action Words Chapter 12 : Verb to be (is; am; are) Chapter 13 : To Do, To Have & To Get Chapter 14 : Question Words & Tags (1) Chapter 15 : Tense & Time Words Chapter 16 : Days, Weather & Time Words (2) Chapter 17 : Days, Weather & Time Words (3) Chapter 18 : Directions & Places Chapter 19 : Positions, Prepositions & Conjunctions Chapter 20 : Senses
You should now have enough vocabulary to hold basic conversations and a good understanding of Thai grammar. During stage 3 we aim to help you develop conversation in order to speak naturally like Thai people, build confidence and practise constructing sentences. 1. The principles of Thai language (3) Chapter 21 : Wh-questions (1) Chapter 22 : Wh-questions (2) Chapter 23 : Colour & Body Chapter 24 : Body, Feelings and Conditions Chapter 25 : Body Language & Emotion Chapter 26 : Expressions & Characteristics Chapter 27 : Money & Trading Chapter 28 : Telephone, Mail, Internet Chapter 29 : Travelling (1) Chapter 30 : Travelling (2)
Read & Write Thai Course :
Stage 1: Main Consonants (Chapter 1-9)
– Memorize and learn about the 44 consonant letters which are divided into 3 groups, – 9 medium tone consonant letters – 10 nasal consonant letters – 25 twin consonant letters which are separated into 2 parts; rising tone consonants and low-medium tone consonants – Practise reading, writing and the basic word system
Stage 2: Vowels (Chapter 10-18)
– 18 single vowel letters – 4 extra vowel letters – 6 combined vowel letters – Practise reading, writing and the basic word system
Stage 3: Final Consonants (Chapter 19-21)
– Final consonants – Extra language symbols – Thai vowels with final consonant modulation – Live & Dead syllables – Practise reading, writing and analyzing the words
Stage 4: Tones (Chapter 22-26)
– Tones and Tone marks – Medium consonant tone modulation table – Nasal consonants tone modulation table – Twin consonants tone modulation table – Model words for tones – Practise reading, writing and analyzing the words
Stage 5: Extra Sounds and Grammar (Chapter 27-29)
– Inherent vowels – Consonant clusters – Ligature characters – Practise reading, writing and analyzing the words
Stage 6 & 7: Practise (Chapter 30-59)
Write Thai words, sentences and dialogue used in every day conversation; – Greeting – Meeting people – About oneself – Addressing words – Family – Numbers – Classifier / Numerative / Counting system – Desire and Requesting
Example Learning Materials
Worksheets, Practice Audio & Video
The best way for us to help you learn Thai is to ensure you have everything you need to learn effectively with our team of trained teachers.
We support you and your teacher and have developed modern learning materials that include easy to follow worksheets, audio and video; a complete solution to help you learn natural everyday Thai language.
After you register we provide lifetime access to our materials, trained teachers and support services. View, listen, watch and download structured learning materials and learn Thai at a time and location to suit you.
What Do You Get?
There is a LOT of material provided to help you learn effectively
Learn the Speak Read & Write Thai course both with your teacher and in your spare time in order to progress effectively
The modern learning materials have been developed by us from scratch and include
1. Written Materials
Easy to follow & detailed worksheets / workbooks
- 80+ structured chapters help you to learn step-by-step with your teacher
- Clear explanations give you a complete overview of the Thai language
- Learn lots of vocabulary, sentence structure and conversation skills as well as Thai culture, history and the principles of Thai language
- Very logical and easy to follow modules will be adapted to suit every individual
2. Audio & Video Materials
High quality & great for your MP3 Player
- Over 50 hours of practice and homework audio & video
- Follow the written materials with practice audio and complete audio homework tasks
- Listen online or download to your computer or MP3 Player
- The audio helps you develop listening skills as well as remind you the pronunciation, tone(s) and meaning of every new word
- Dialogue audio helps you listen to how Thai people speak
- A male and female Thai speaker help you to hear the difference between a feminine and masculine voice
3. Self Study Materials
To help you practise after your lessons
Written and audio self study materials are separated into 5 parts to help you practise and improve essential skills in learning a language;
- Listening and pronunciation (Audio tasks)
- Vocabulary and structure accuracy (Written and audio tasks)
- Function / Grammar (Written tasks)
- Fluency (Written tasks)
- Principles (Written tasks)
4. Online Learning Space
Login to our members area
We provide lots and lots of supplemental materials that are updated and added to weekly;
- Online Quizzes
- Learn Thai Blog
- Smart Flash Cards
- Helpful Hints & Tips
- Links and recommendations to other great learning resources
- Lifetime access to an online learning space
- Access to learn with any trained Thai Style teacher
- Support from Thai Style throughout your learning experience
- You can change teacher / location anytime
What do our learners say?
- Understand about the main principles of Thai language ; pronunciation ; lots of vocabulary, grammar, culture, manners and characteristics of Thais
- Students are able to understand and speak everyday conversation used in everyday life
- Understand the rules of the Thai alphabet
- Be able to read and write Thai correctly
- Each chapter may be taught in 1 – 3 hours depending on each individual learner
- We advise learners to attend one or two lessons per week
- Practise after your lessons with the self study materials is the key to progressing
- Lessons are flexible, your teacher will adapt the materials to suit you
- Try to leave 2 or 3 days between lessons to give youself time to practice and consolidate new skills
How do we teach Thai?
- Learn to make Thai sounds and tones to pronounce Thai words correctly
- Use repetition to help you memorize until you can differentiate different sounds and tones
- Practise listening until you can distinguish Thai sounds and tones
- Build up lots of vocabulary and understand Thai language structure
- Learn how to make formal and informal sentences
- Practise conversation with your teacher and friends to help you speak naturally
- When you feel ready you may choose to upgrade and continue learning stage 2 and stage 3. You can also sign up for our Read & Write Thai course to incorporate learning Thai scripts and further your understanding and fluency of Thai language
Our speak Thai course uses a new and unique system that we have developed from scratch to teach you how to speak Thai language using the English alphabet and a trained teacher. Find Teacher
Thai Script Only Edition
The Speak Thai Course materials are available in two editions
With & Without Transliteration
For beginners with an aim to learn Thai script, but reply on transliteration at the start of your learning experience, having access to both versions of the course will help you progress from transliteration as a beginner to using Thai script only in the future.
When you are able to read Thai, transliteration can be very distracting. So two versions of the course materials are important to help you progress at a pace and time to suit you.
“Thai style is the most comprehensive. I like the wealth of information. It is well desgined and organised. No other resource has been as effective as Thai Style, especially in the reading and writng. I am so happy doing this course has made it possible to read and write in thai. The recordings from native speakers is very useful. The learning materials are very well organised and detailed. There is always something else to learn from the worksheets every time I review them. Thank you thai style for your thorough and comprehensive course. My teacher is wonderful. She is very supportive and encouraging. She has allowed me to make considerable progress with my thai studies and I am very grateful for her lessons”Katie
How Much Does It Cost?
Important Notice About Covid19
During this difficult time caused by the coronavirus we have reduced our rates to support Thai learners and Thai teachers.
You can now get LIFETIME ACCESS to ALL COURSES for just 2500 THB! (normally 10,700 THB)
After registration, arrange online classes at any time to suit you for just 300 THB per hour!
Tuition fees are paid directly to teachers in their local currency.
Unlike other schools, we do not take any commission out of tuition fees. You pay freelance teachers directly. This provides you with extremely flexible and affordable classes…
Find a local teacher here or check out our team of online teachers
|Teacher Location||Private Class||Private Group Class|
|Thailand (THB ฿)||THB ฿ 350 Per hour||THB ฿ 500 per hour|
|Australia (AUD $)||AUD $ 25 Per hour||AUD $ 30 per hour|
|Canada (CAD $)||CAD $ 25 Per hour||CAD $ 30 per hour|
|New Zealand (NZD $)||NZD $ 25 Per hour||NZD $ 30 per hour|
|Singapore (SGD $)||SGD $ 40 Per hour||SGD $ 60 per hour|
|Europe (EUR €)||EUR € 22.5 Per hour||EUR € 30 per hour|
|United Kingdom (GBP £)||GBP £ 17.5 Per hour||GBP £ 25 per hour|
|China (Yuan ¥)||Yuan ¥ 75 Per hour||Yuan ¥ 100 per hour|
|USA (USD $)||USD $ 25 Per hour||USD $ 30 per hour|
|Denmark (DKK Kr.)||DKK Kr. 200 Per hour||DKK Kr. 300 per hour|
|Malaysia (RM.)||RM. 60 Per hour||RM. 80 per hour|
|Taiwan (NT $)||NT $ 400 Per hour||NT $ 450 per hour|
|Japan (YEN ¥)||YEN ¥ 2000 Per hour||YEN ¥ 2500 per hour|
|Nepal (NPR Rs)||NPR Rs 1300 Per hour||NPR Rs 1700 per hour|
|Vietnam (Dong ₫)||Dong ₫ 26500 Per hour||Dong ₫ 37000 per hour|
|Russia (RUB)||RUB 900 Per hour||RUB 1000 per hour|
|South Africa (R)||R 180 Per hour||R 250 per hour|
|Online Classes (THB ฿)||THB ฿ 300 Per hour||THB ฿ 450 per hour|
A reasonable travel expense will be charge by your teacher to travel to your location. You can negotiate a reasonable travel cost directly with your allocated teacher after registration.
The cost for a teacher to travel to your location will depend on many factors, for example; distance, mode of transport, frequency of classes, duration of classes, peak travel times, etc. All these factors need to be taken into account in order to provide a reasonable travel cost for you and your teacher. As there are so many factors to consider, and every class is unique, we cannot quote this expense in advance.
The average cost for travel during rush hour in Bangkok is between 50 – 150 THB. In London, it is reasonable for teachers to charge £5-10 due to the higher cost of public transport. All locations and teachers can vary in cost.
After you register, if you are not satisfied with the travel expense you are quoted by your allocated teacher we can help to negotiate a reasonable expense for you or change your teacher.