- Nick Name: Steve
- Current Location:
Larkhall ML9, UK
- Hometown:I come from Uthai Thani
- General Availability:I am Flexible-Monday to Saturday. Mornings, afternoons and evenings - depending on other lessons.
- Teaching Locations:I can teach at my home. I can travel to teach at my students home / workplace. I can teach in a local coffee shop / library. I can teach on Skype (online).
- My Language Skills:Native Thai speaker. Fluent in English. I am a Native English SpeakerSome French and Spanish
- Teacher Number:5210
- Tuition Fees:Private Tuition 20 GBP £ per hour / Small Group Class 25 GBP £ per hour (please note, tuition fees do not include materials or travel expenses. Read more about the options & prices below)
I have the advantage of having been familiar with Thailand and the Thai language from birth, but also knowing what it's like to learn Thai as an English speaking adult. I am now a language tutor and occasional Thai-English interpreter. I was born in Thailand, and grew up speaking some Thai, even though I was from a British family and went to English-speaking schools. After university in the UK I returned to my beloved childhood home for five years, becoming fluent in Thai, and learning to read and write it. Thai people are surprised at how well I speak Thai - I have good pronunciation and I really understand how the language works. I have been helping people learn languages for much of my adult life - though mostly English, I have also taught some Thai, French and
Spanish. I am 42, married with two sons, and I am a full-time tutor of languages and guitar in the south of England - though I have lived in Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and Scotland, and grown up with people from many Western and some Eastern countries. I look forward to meeting you, and helping you learn Thai!